- Email: Christopher.Harmon@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3151
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Christopher W. Harmon is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Mr. Harmon has successfully represented clients in a variety of complex employment litigation matters in both federal and state court, including individual and class action wage and hour claims; and retaliation, discrimination, and harassment claims
Mr. Harmon also represents employers before state and federal administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
In addition to the litigation component of Mr. Harmon’s practice, he also counsels employers regarding all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, employee discipline and termination, internal investigations, government agency investigations, managing leaves of absence, accommodating disabilities, trade secrets, employment contracts and separation agreements, workforce restructuring, wage and hour issues, unfair competition matters, and developing and implementing employment policies and procedures.
Mr. Harmon has also lectured employer groups and conducted in-house training workshops regarding compliance with California and Federal employment laws including workshops on managing employees, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, wrongful termination, and federal and state family leave and disability laws.
Mr. Harmon has represented a wide variety of public companies and privately-held clients in many different employment sectors, including retail, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment, construction, service industry, real estate, technology, transportation (trucking and shipping) and higher education.
- Mr. Harmon has handled numerous cases from the initial pleading stage through the verdict at trial. He oversees the day-to-day handling of cases and also actively participates in all phases of litigation.
- Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Harmon served as an Legal Extern to the following Los Angeles Superior Court Judges: Allen Webster, William Berry, Rose Hom and Paul Bacigalupo, 2006
Co-Authored with Barry Kaiman, “Alternate Fee Arrangements: Full Speed Ahead? Or Are They A Legal Speedbump With Many Ethical Issues?”, International Association of Defense Counsel Midyear Meeting, Carlsbad 2009
Co-Hosted Presentation with Jill Grothwall, “Returning to Work from COVID-19: Navigating Through Employer Concerns in Uncertain Times: An exploration of employment and workers’ compensation considerations as companies transition to reopen, restructure and manage their workplaces as the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.”
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- American Bar Association, Lieutenant Governor, 2006
- Admitted to U.S. District Courts for the Central and Eastern Districts of California
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as a Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine, 2012-2013
- Southwestern University School of Law, Dean’s List Honoree, 2006-2007 - the highest recognition of a graduate student’s contributions to the University
- John G. Bonelli Memorial Trial Advocacy Competition, First Place Team, 2007
Southwestern University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004-2008
- Law Journal, Staff, 2006-2008
- Southwestern Trial Advocacy Honors Program, Advocate and Member of the Board of Governors, 2006-2008
- Student Bar Association, President , 2005-2006
Dean’s List Honoree, 2006-2007
John G. Bonelli Memorial Trial Advocacy Competition, First Place, 2007
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Minor in Political Science, 2000-2004