- Email: Brendan.Hamill@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.548.3954
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Brendan Hamill is an associate in the Denver office (not yet licensed in Colorado) of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate and Government Investigations Practices. Mr. Hamill has broad securities experience involving the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Mr. Hamill has experience representing investment advisers, investment companies, commodity pool operators/commodity trading advisors, and boards of directors with respect to their obligations under federal laws. He has experience preparing and reviewing SEC regulatory filings, including registration statements and amendments thereto on Forms N-1A, N-2 and N-14 and Forms S-1 and S-3, as well as proxy statements on Schedule 14A. In addition, Mr. Hamill has experience with SEC examinations and enforcement actions, seeking exemptive or no-action relief on behalf of clients with the SEC, counseling clients with respect to matters pertaining to shareholder votes, and counseling client with respect to listing securities for trading on a national securities exchange.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Hamill worked as an associate at a large law firm in Washington, D.C. Mr. Hamill also previously served as Senior Counsel at the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Hamill earned his Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School and his Bachelor of Arts, cum laude from Bucknell University.
- SEC Proposes New Rule Governing Funds’ Use of Derivatives, December 18, 2015
- Hedge Fund Managers: A New Genre of Family Offices?, The Investment Lawyer, Vol. 22 Issue 10, October 2015
Flash Crashes: How Markets Work (And Sometimes Don't), October 2018
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
District of Columbia
Columbia Law School
Juris Doctor, 2011
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2008
- Negotiated management agreement on behalf of bank trust department related to management of state pension fund's private equity investments.
- Drafted no-action letter related to ETF basket size and coordinated with SEC Staff.
- Represented commodity pool operator/commodity trading advisor with respect to SEC, CFTC and NFA matters.
- Drafted exemptive application and registration statement on Form N-1A for new ETF complex.
- Completed series of closed-end fund reorganizations.
- Represented independent trustees of several open-end fund and ETF complexes which includes managing the 15(c) process, drafting memoranda, updating cybersecurity reporting, and leading training sessions.