- Email: Lawrence.Halperin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5063
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Lawrence Halperin is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. He has over 30 years of experience in business and commercial litigation. Mr. Halperin’s practice involves representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in trial, appellate and arbitration work in a wide variety of matters. The experience at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, since starting at the firm in 1982 includes being the lead attorney in matters including:
- Contract disputes for all sizes of businesses, as well as individuals
- International sales disputes for products ranging from macadamia nuts, to ascorbic acid, to conversion of 2D film to 3D technology, to multi-story high steel towers for wind energy production
- Construction disputes for municipal entities, contractors, sub-contractors and owners
- Disputes between business partners in various corporate forms, including buyouts, bankruptcies, shareholder control cases, and other investment related actions arising out of public and private transactions
- Real estate litigation involving purchases and sales, development, ownership rights and insurance matters
- Professional liability defense of attorneys, accountants and real estate brokers
Mr. Halperin has had extensive practice in emergency matters requiring expedited proceedings, and has obtained and defended against Temporary Restraining Orders, Injunctions, Appointments of Receivers, and other Provisional Remedies.
Early in his career, Mr. Halperin was an Assistant State’s Attorney in Cook County, Illinois in the Office of Consumer Fraud and Complaint and later practiced real estate transaction law with a major Chicago firm.
Mr. Halperin is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell, and he has been rated AV 5.0 (the highest rating) for over 15 years.
State Bar Admissions
University of Michigan Law School
Juris Doctor, 1976
University of Michigan Institute of Public Policy Studies
Masters Degree in Public Policy Studies, 1975
Bachelor of Arts in Government, cum laude, 1972
- Harvard College Scholarship, Dean's List