- Email: Cheryl.Grames@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 702.583.6014
- Fax: 702.893.3789
Cheryl A. Grames is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois. Cheryl’s practice spans multiple fields, which provides her with an unusual breadth of knowledge and litigation experience. Specifically, Cheryl’s practice includes bad faith insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, professional liability defense, and employment law. Regardless of the practice area, Cheryl brings to every case her commitment to provide excellent and thorough legal analysis, superior advocacy, and dedication. Cheryl represents her clients in both federal and state courts, and she does so at both the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Grames worked for the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, and she was a part-time instructor at UNLV(American History since 1865).
Fortunately, Ms. Grames' sons are Boy (and Cub) Scouts, and through their respective troop and pack, she enjoys the ability to engage the Las Vegas community outside of the courtroom. Ms. Grames is also a parent representative to her littlest son's elementary school's "School Organization Team," which is designed to hand over more local decision-making to a school's stakeholders. Finally, Ms. Grames is a pro bono attorney with the Children's Attorney Project, which provides legal representation to children in foster care.
Ms. Grames strives daily to bring clarity in writing and precision in legal analysis to her cases. She also strives to provide excellent customer service to her clients. She is most proud, however, that her three boys-- without prodding from Cheryl-- have all at some point stated that they want to be a lawyer.
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Nevada Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
Nevada Supreme Court
Awards & Honors
- "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2021
- While in law school (Boyd School of Law ("BSL")), Ms. Grames received a Dean's Award in recognition of her contributions to the law school as a research assistant and lawyering process teaching assistant. Ms. Grames also received an invitation to join BSL's moot court honor society, the Society of Advocates, which led to her participation in the Prince Evidence Moot Court Competition in 2011. Additionally, Ms. Grames and a classmate won the Clark County/ BSL Client Counseling Competition in 2011, and went on to win the Region IX ABA Client Counseling Competition at U.C. Davis in February 2012. Ms. Grames graduated cum laude from BSL in 2012.
William S. Boyd School of Law, Univ. of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)
Juris Doctor, May 2012
University of Pennsylvania
Master of Arts, May 1996
Rutgers University, Camden
Bachelor of Arts in History, June 1994