- Email: Alex.Graft@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6692
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Alex A. Graft is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois, a vice-chair of the Legal Malpractice Practice, and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. Mr. Graft is a Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. In addition to defending attorneys in litigation matters, Mr. Graft also represents other professionals, including insurance agents and brokers, accountants, architects, real estate agents and inspectors and licensed security officers. His practice also includes defense of life insurance companies, government entities, common interest developments, including homeowners associations, and industry-leading hospitality companies and franchises in general litigation matters. Mr. Graft has extensive experience in every facet of litigation through trial, binding arbitrations and appeal in both the State and Federal Courts.
Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Speaker, Keys to Documentation and Record Retention for Accounting Professionals, Travelers Webinar Series, May 13, 2020
Speaker/Panelist, The Many Faces of Professional Liability: A&E, Legal Malpractice, Securities and FINRA & Miscellaneous Professional Liability Matters, Lewis Brisbois Webinar Series, June 20, 2019
- "Year in Review 2020: Cases Involving Lawyers,” SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 8, 2021.
- “Lawyers as defendants in 2019’’ SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 10, 2020.
- "2012 Malpractice Decisions Define Scope of Defenses,” SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, February 11, 2013.
- “Notable 2013 Cases Affecting Lawyers,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 17, 2014, and January 24, 2014.
- “Lawyers as Litigants in 2014” and “Lawyers as Litigants: Notable Decisions Affecting Lawyers,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 22, 2015 and January 23, 2015.
- "Indiana Supreme Court Leaves Door Open For Expanding Insurance Broker Duties," LEWIS BRISBOIS PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY NEWSLETTER, Spring 2015.
- “Lawyers as Defendants in 2015,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 8, 2016 and January 15, 2016.
- “Year in Review: Attorneys as Defendants," SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 6, 2017.
- "2017 in Review – Attorneys as Defendants," SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, December 22, 2017.
Trial and appellate counsel for prevailing party in published decision of Filbin v. Fitzgerald (2012) 211 Cal. App. 4th 154 and unpublished decisions of McCoy v. Walczak (2011) 2011 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 7999, Kennedy v. Camera (2012) 2012 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 247, Nguyen v. Margolis (2014) 2014 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 2927, Delgadillo v. Zeme (2015) 2015 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 7098, and Hyon v. Light (2017) 2017 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 7532.
State Bar Admissions
PLUS - Professional Liability Underwriters Society
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2002
Lund University, Sweden
Study Abroad Program, 2000