- Email: Matthew.Goodman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6088
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Matthew Goodman is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He focuses on defending employers against discrimination, retaliation, and other wrongful termination claims under the Fair Employment Housing Act and other anti-discrimination statutes. Mr. Goodman also has experience litigating wage and hour class actions, which includes claims based on the Private Attorney General Act.
Mr. Goodman also has experience handling Occupational Safety and Health Act claims in front of the Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board.
Mr. Goodman represents clients across a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, consumer products, and manufacturing.
- The Private Attorneys General Act: How to Manage the Unmanageable, 56 Santa Clara L. Rev. 413 (2016)
- The "Natural" vs. "Natural Flavors" Conflict in Food Labeling: A Regulatory Viewpoint, 72 Food & Drug L.J. 78 (2017)
State Bar Admissions
Awards & Honors
- CALI Awards for Highest Grades: Administrative Law, Constitutional Law, Food and Drug Law, and Torts
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence: Food and Drug Law
Santa Clara University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2016
- Articles Editor, Santa Clara Law Review
University of Oregon
Bachelor of Science, 2012