- Email: Daniel.Gonzalez@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.302.4152
- Fax: 954.678.4090
Daniel E. Gonzalez is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He has represented clients—which have included national and international corporations, as well as small and midsize employers—in a variety of employment lawsuits and advises them on employment matters, such as those involving the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions, non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality matters, among others.
Daniel has worked with employers facing Title VII discrimination suits brought by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), as well as FLSA wage and hour lawsuits, Family and Medical Leave Act lawsuits, and negligent hiring and negligent training lawsuits. He has also represented employers in administrative proceedings before the EEOC, Florida Commission on Human Relations, and National Labor Relations Board.
Additionally, Daniel assists with drafting employment policies, including employee handbooks.
After graduating from law school, Daniel practiced at a Miami-based labor and employment firm for two and a half years. Daniel then practiced labor and employment law at a national firm for five years.
During law school, he was an extern for the Honorable Philip R. Lammens, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Daniel also interned for a Miami-based firm, where he assisted with family law matters. A former teaching assistant for both Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy, Daniel was also a member of the legal honor society Phi Delta Phi.
- “Third Circuit Case Shows Low De Minimis Standard for Employers to Deny Request for Sabbath Off Based on Undue Hardship”, Daily Business Review, July 21, 2022
- “Workplace Safety: What if you want your employees to take a COVID-19 test?”, The Miami Herald, November 27, 2020
- “Employer Obligations During Closings and Layoffs: Don’t Forget the WARN Act”, Daily Business Review, March 27, 2020
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Labor and Employment Law-Management, 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2022
University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2015
- Florida Law Review, Articles Editor
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing in the Fall 2013 semester and Appellate Advocacy in the Spring 2014 semester
- Member of legal honor society Phi Delta Phi
University Of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and History, May 2010