- Email: Cleve.Glenn@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.742.6730
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Cleve Glenn is a partner in the Houston and Dallas offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate, Energy & Environment and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices. Mr. Glenn is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Texas.
Mr. Glenn focuses his corporate practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and commercial finance. He also represents clients in connection with general corporate and partnership formation matters, shareholder and governance issues, as well as contract drafting and negotiations. Mr. Glenn represents entrepreneurs, companies and private investors across a broad range of industries including energy, technology, healthcare, entertainment, supply chain management, financial services and transportation.
In his energy practice, Mr. Glenn represents energy service companies, independent oil and gas companies, working interest owners, and U.S. subsidiaries of foreign energy companies. Mr. Glenn handles a variety of transactional matters for his energy clients, including but not limited to drafting and negotiating: master service agreements, gas purchase agreements, confidentiality agreements and license agreements. Having previously served as General Counsel and CFO of a private oilfield services company, Mr. Glenn brings a unique blend of business, legal and financial experience to each energy transaction.
Protecting Your Practice with Enforceable Non-Compete Agreements, Newsletter of the Texas Physical Therapy Association (Spring 2012).
Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Represent oil and gas producer, oilfield service provider and engineering construction contractor with ongoing commercial transactions and related commercial contract matters.
- Serve as outside general counsel to private wellness clinic that provides various services to its clients including anti-aging strategies, nutrition consultations and clinical testing.
- Represented a private drilling company in a $58,800,000 sale of equity to a private subsidiary of a public Canadian company.
- Represented a private safety and inspection services company in a $17,900,000 sale of equity to a private subsidiary of a public U.K. equity fund.
- Represented a national lender in a $13,000,000 promissory note sale to a third party investor.
- Represented a Texas pain management center with the implementation of its Corporate Compliance Program.
- Part of a trial team that obtained a $10,000,000 jury verdict on behalf of a contract operator who provided enhanced oil recovery services in exchange for the opportunity to earn a working interest in certain oil and gas producing properties.
- Represented a national lender as a secured creditor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and obtained bankruptcy court approval for the sale of the client’s collateral.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of a national lender in a lawsuit in which the Plaintiffs sued the lender for wrongful foreclosure and sought a declaratory judgment setting aside the foreclosure sale of several commercial properties.
- Managed multiple lawsuits in several jurisdictions on behalf of a Houston-based highway services company.
- Represented an engineering services company in the successful enforcement of a worldwide non-competition and non-solicitation agreement against the company's former VP of Operations.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of an insurance company in a multi-million dollar lawsuit in which Plaintiff alleged Texas Insurance Code violations, violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, negligence, civil conspiracy, conversion, and violations of the Texas Prompt Pay Statute. This lawsuit also implicated the recodified version of Chapter 705 of the Texas Insurance Code, which deals with misrepresentations made by the insured.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of an insurance company in a case filed in Florida State Court, wherein the Plaintiffs sued our client for breach of contract and sought a declaratory judgment that the proposed insured had applied for the policy and provided the requisite written consent to the policy’s terms based on Florida Statute § 627.404(5). Plaintiffs argued that the requisite written consent was obtained by virtue of the proposed insured submitting to a medical examination where the medical consent form scantly referenced some of the insurance policy’s terms. After extensive briefing and oral argument, the trial court rejected Plaintiffs’ arguments, granted the insurance company’s motion for summary judgment and found that the proposed insured did not apply for or consent in writing to the insurance policy and its terms.
Board of Directors, Children's Advocacy Centers of Texas, Inc.
- Presenter, “Injection Wells and Seismic Events: How Are Regulators and Courts Reacting,” Energy & Mineral Law Foundation 35th Annual Conference, June 2014.
- Panel Speaker, 2015 Texas Diversity and Leadership Conference, April 15, 2015.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas
U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” in 2013 by Texas Monthly magazine.
- Selected as Pro Bono Attorney of the Month by the Kids in Need of Legal Defense KIND) organization, for his work in helping three young siblings find care and protection in the United States, February 2012.
University of Miami School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2007
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, 2000