- Email: Ryan.Gill@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2021
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Ryan Gill is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois. Mr. Gill maintains an active insurance coverage and bad faith practice as well as a broad civil litigation practice.
Mr. Gill’s insurance practice is focused on insurance coverage and defending insurance companies against bad faith claims. His practice includes counseling insurance carriers on first-party and third-party coverage disputes as well as representing insurance carriers in bad faith litigation, declaratory judgment actions, mediations, appraisals, examinations under oath, and related proceedings. Mr. Gill is often proactively retained to assist with resolving difficult insurance claims before litigation is filed.
Mr. Gill’s civil litigation practice is focused on defending clients against a broad range of tort and contractual liability claims, including personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, and product liability claims.
Mr. Gill has successfully briefed and argued appeals in state and federal courts.
- “State Immunity and the Americans with Disabilities Act After Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama v. Garrett,” 74 Univ. of Colo. L. Rev. 1239, 2003
- “The Federalization of the Crime of Torture: An Analysis of the Constitutional and International Law Issues,” in Sienho Yee (ed.), 2 International Crimes and Punishment: Selected Issues 205, 2004
- Kauai Scuba Center, Inc. v. PADI Americas, Inc., et al., 524 Fed. Appx. 344 (9th Cir. May 3, 2013)
- Barry Shy, et al. v. The Ins. Co. of the State of Pa., 528 Fed. Appx. 752 (9th Cir. June 18, 2013)
- Genutec Business Solutions, Inc. v. Weiss, et al., G044744 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. July 9, 2013)
- Rooftop Roofing, Inc. v. American Family Mutual Ins. Co., 13CA0861 (Colo. App. June 5, 2014)
- BancInsure, Inc. v. FDIC, et al., 796 F.3d 1226 (10th Cir. 2015)
State Bar Admissions
University of Colorado School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor
University of Colorado
Bachelor of Arts, 2000