- Email: Katherine.Funk@LewisBrisbois.com
- Phone: 202.558.0657
- Fax: 202.558.0654
Katherine I. Funk is the co-managing partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Antitrust & Competition Practice.
Katie is a trusted advisor to corporate executives and in-house legal departments with more than 25 years of experience successfully navigating antitrust and business issues on behalf of clients in a range of industries. She has participated in more than 100 transactions requiring review by the DOJ or FTC. Katie also provides day-to-day business counsel on matters including distribution arrangements, the Robinson-Patman Act, licensing agreements and global corporate compliance. She has represented both employees and employers on non-compete and other employment related agreements.
In the healthcare space, Katie works with clients on the formation and operation of clinically integrated networks, the buying and selling of provider practices, and other healthcare system transactions. Additionally, Katie is a member of the advisory board of Ithaka Hospitality, a boutique hospitality management company. Previously, Katie was a partner in several AmLaw 100 firms and served at the FTC as an attorney in the Mergers 1 section.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Mending Faces, Advisory Board; in-country volunteer (outreach and logistics)
Presenter, ALI/ABA Product Distribution CLE Program, 2010–2015
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- ABA – Antitrust and Business Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association – Antitrust Section
University of Iowa College of Law
Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1992
Bachelor of Science Business Administration, 1989
- AT&T acquisition of DirecTV (member of team representing AT&T before the DOJ).
- In re Phoebe Putney Health System, Inc., FTC Docket No. ; FTC v. Phoebe Putney Health System, Inc., 663 F.3d 1369 (11th Cir. 2011); FTC v. Phoebe Putney Health System, Inc., 133 S.Ct. 1033 (2013) (member of team representing Phoebe Putney in its successful acquisition of Palmyra Hospital).
- In re Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, FTC Docket No. C-4348 (lead counsel for Fresenius in the FTC review of its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings, Inc.).
- Cindy Johnson et al. v. Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association et al., Case No. 07-cv-1292 (U.S.D.C. Arizona) (defended University Medical Center in class action lawsuit alleging Arizona hospitals unlawfully conspired to fix the wages of temporary and traveling nurses).