- Email: Cable.Frost@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 601.499.8122
- Fax: 601.499.8121
Cable Frost is the managing partner in the Jackson, Mississippi office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability, Products Liability, Professional Liability, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Transportation, Insurance, Class Action & Mass Tort, and National Trial Practices. He is also a member of Lewis Brisbois’ 24/7 Rapid Response Team of transportation lawyers.
Cable has litigated civil suits in state and federal courts through trial and appellate resolution. His experience includes representing corporate, construction, and transportation clients in complex contract disputes and matters involving allegations of negligence and fraud. Cable also has represented insurers on insurance coverage matters involving liability, first-party policies, and bad faith. He has successfully litigated commercial and contract matters involving physician groups, including issues and disputes arising from mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Cable has defended automobile, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability and personal injury litigation. In addition, he has represented attorneys, accountants, architects, engineers, and other design professionals in matters alleging breaches of applicable standards of care, construction negligence, as well as licensing and compliance issues with state regulatory boards.
Cable has significant experience in environmental matters and has counseled oil and natural gas companies regarding regulatory compliance and reporting practices, particularly as it relates to environmental issues that could be encountered during field operations.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Mississippi State Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Construction Practice Sections
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI: The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, weekly Stewpot Legal Clinic and pro bono representation
Awards & Honors
Best Lawyers in America® - 'Best Lawyers' Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2024)
Mississippi College School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2002, magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, Law Review
University of Mississippi
Bachelor of Arts, 1997, cum laude
- Represented design professionals in multiple cases resulting from collapse of U.S.90 Bay St. Louis Bridge.
- Represented engineering firm in suit involving allegations of breach of contract, breach of standard of care, negligence and concealment in a port restoration program on the Gulf Coast.
- Represented architects, engineers and contractors regarding licensing requirements and alleged violations of same.
- Represented attorneys and accountants in matters involving allegations of professional negligence.
- Successfully defended an automobile manufacturer at trial in a wrongful death products liability case relating to alleged defects in the vehicle's occupant restraint and door latch systems.
- Obtained dismissal of products liability class action filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey against product manufacturer.
- Obtained unanimous verdict in the amount of $1.675 million for a transportation services company in a breach of contract matter involving a dedicated hauling agreement.
- Representation of insurers on coverage matters involving liability, first-party policies, and bad faith.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award for one of the largest privately owned construction companies in the United States involving complex contract and payment issues.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award on behalf of contractor in a proceeding involving negligence and breach of contract claims.
- Obtained favorable outcome for construction material supplier and its preferred installer in a lawsuit alleging breach of warranty, negligence and misrepresentation.
- Reached favorable resolution for an industrial painting contractor in a lawsuit filed in federal court concerning a public project that involved the rehabilitation and painting of a bridge spanning between Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Obtained favorable outcomes for an independent oil and natural gas company in multiple suits involving wrongful death claims in connection with rig fatalities.
- Representation of the manufacturer and installer of a large plate drainage structure that collapsed due to subsequent disturbance of critical backfill zone. Engagement involved coordinating with the city, its engineers and experts and other interested parties to participate in the forensic investigation of the event and the design and implementation of the solution.
- Successfully defended a client in a lawsuit filed in federal court alleging violations of federal securities laws, fraud and intentional misrepresentation concerning the client’s sale of its company. The matter also involved the parallel defense of alleged violations of non-compete and solicitation agreements in arbitration.
- Obtained summary judgment for automobile manufacturer in a products liability case involving restraints, handling and stability and glazing allegations after successfully excluding an expert witness on the grounds that his opinions were unreliable under Daubert and Miss. R. Evid. 702.
- Defended national mortgage lenders and insurance companies in suits by homeowners arising from Hurricane Katrina.
- Obtained dismissal for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a product liability case relating to the manufacture and distribution of products containing Phenylpropanolamine.
- Obtained summary judgment for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple products liability cases involving its co-promotion of prescription pain medication.