- Email: Dana.Fox@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5104
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Dana Fox is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois, co-chair of the firm’s General Liability practice, and a member of the Crisis Management, Transportation, and National Trial Practice groups. Dana, who has been in practice for 37 years, consistently tries the most difficult, high exposure cases in California, consistently obtaining defense jury verdicts in prominent cases. Mr. Fox, who is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and holds the elevated rank of Advocate with The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), has developed a national reputation as the “go-to” attorney in high profile, high exposure catastrophic accident, wrongful death, police use of force, premises and product liability, public entity, sexual molestation cases.
Mr. Fox was named one of the top 100 attorneys in California by The Los Angeles Daily Journal in 2014, 2020, and 2021. He has defended and tried many complex and high-profile cases. Mr. Fox is currently representing Walmart in the August 2019 mass shooting in El Paso, represented Live Nation in the litigation arising from the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017, was lead trial counsel for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Frank McCourt in the highly publicized trial arising from the assault of a spectator after a Dodgers game in 2011, and currently represents the movie production company in the Alec Baldwin shooting cases.
Dana is a sought-after speaker on topics including jury selection, trial strategies, defending police officers in use of force cases, catastrophic case evaluation, defending and trying high exposure cases, and opening and closing argument presentation.
Dana is an avid mountain biker, and is the bass guitar player in the locally renowned rock band, Too Loud for Larry.
Stein-Brief Group, Inc. v. Home Indemnity Company (1998) 65 Cal. App. 4th 364.
Regulating the Professional Sports Agent: Is California in the Right Ballpark, 15 Pacific Law Journal 1231 (1984).
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- California Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court for all Districts of California
Supreme Court of the State of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Awards & Honors
- Lifetime Achievement Honor among America's Top 100 Attorneys™ for Southern California
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2020—2021 Top 100 Lawyers in California, Daily Journal
- 2015 Southern California's Top 100 Lawyers, Super Lawyers
- 2013 AV® Preeminent™ peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting the highest peer recognition for both legal ability and ethical standards.
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1985
California State University at Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, 1982
University of Connecticut