- Email: Valerie.Edwards@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.495.2207
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Valerie Edwards is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction Practice. Ms. Edwards practices complex civil litigation with an emphasis on construction and real estate law. She represents developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in a variety of matters, including construction defect litigation, contract disputes, and litigation related to construction accidents and job site safety.
Ms. Edwards also handles complex multi-party commercial litigation matters. She has represented business owners and property owners in commercial litigation involving commercial tort claims, breach of contract claims, and wrongful foreclosure actions. She has served as lead class counsel on class action matters involving consumer and statutory claims in state and federal courts, and she has been designated as lead MDL counsel on multidistrict litigation in federal court.
Ms. Edwards handles a variety of professional liability matters. She is experienced in providing representation to attorneys, real estate brokers and salespersons, and insurance professionals. She also represents financial services providers in FINRA matters, as well as physicians, nurses, and medical and nursing facilities in medical malpractice actions. Ms. Edwards is also experienced in a wide range of general insurance defense matters, including product liability claims, insurance bad faith litigation and bodily injury/wrongful death claims.
Ms. Edwards has extensive experience in risk transfer, mediation, and arbitration. She has tried a variety of cases to verdict, including medical malpractice cases, personal injury and premises liability cases, and complex construction defect cases.
Ms. Edwards is active in the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and serves as a certified instructor for the organization. She is also a volunteer faculty member in the Construction and Property schools for the CLM Claims College, which is held annually in September.
- Certified Litigation Management Professional (2013)
- Certified Claims Professional, Construction (2018)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Construction Association of South Florida – Chair, Women’s Council (January 2019 to present)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (2011 to present)
- Greater Orlando Builders Association (2013–2018)
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (2013–2018)
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Executive Board Member (2009–2013)
- Sandra Day O’Connor Inn of Court (1995–2013)
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Chair Construction Law Section (2006–2010)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Construction Law Section (2010–11)
- Member at Large, Construction Law Section (2012–2013)
Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1996
- Pedrick Scholar
- Staff Writer, Arizona State Law Journal
Arizona State University
Master of Business Administration, 1996
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1991