- Email: Donavan.Eason@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 912.525.4967
- Fax: 1.912.525.4961
Donavan is an associate in the Savannah office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Transportation Practices. Donavan has experience in defending actions pertaining to premises liability, automobile/trucking liability, and product liability actions. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Donavan served as a judicial law clerk to Judge John Ellington of the Georgia Court of Appeals and the 25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia. He also served for several years as a policy advisor and legal counsel to the Georgia Senate Majority Leader and Office of the Lieutenant Governor, specializing in regulatory issues addressing healthcare and telecommunications.
Donavan graduated magna cum laude from the University of Georgia and cum laude from Washington and Lee University School of Law. While at Washington and Lee, Donavan was elected Chair of the law school’s Moot Court Executive Board and was awarded the Charles V. Laughlin Award for excellence in moot court. He was also selected as a Burks Scholar where he led courses in legal research and assisted faculty in teaching legal writing and analysis.
Additionally, Donavan is an active member of his community serving as Director of the Committee on Disaster Legal Assistance for the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the State Bar of Georgia. YLD assists individuals effected by disasters such as hurricanes and tornadoes by providing a disaster relief hotline where volunteer attorneys assists them with questions related to disaster including insurance, wills, and repair contracts.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Director, Committee on Disaster Legal Assistance for the Young Lawyers Division (YLD), State Bar of Georgia, 2020
- YLD runs a disaster relief hotline to place individuals affected by disasters such as hurricanes and tornadoes in touch with volunteer attorneys who assist them with questions related to the disaster including insurance, wills, and repair contracts.
- Co-Chair, Premises Section, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, 2020
- Member, Board of Trustees, Zell Miller Foundation, 2020
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Savannah Bar Association
Washington and Lee University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2015
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, magna cum laude, 2009