- Email: Blake.Doerr@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 702.693.4302
- Fax: 702.893.3789
Blake Doerr is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Tax and General Liability Practices.
- provides audit representation to taxpayers;
- advises and assists taxpayers with tax controversies related to audit deficiency determinations;
- advises and assists taxpayers in recovering overpaid taxes;
- advises and assists taxpayers in requesting penalty and interest waiver;
- advises and assists taxpayers regarding offers-in-compromise;
- represents drivers, ride-share drivers and ride-share companies in motor vehicle accident litigation;
- represents retailers, health care facilities, bars, restaurants, hotels and other businesses in premises liability matters;
- represents manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers in products liability matters;
- represents insurance companies in breach of contract and bad faith litigation.
Mr. Doerr served as Chief Deputy Director for the Nevada Department of Taxation with primary responsibility for all audit and revenue collection functions for sales and use tax and all other excise taxes administered by the Department. During the 2015 Legislative Session, Mr. Doerr assisted with various Department matters at the state legislature and was responsible for drafting the initial regulations for the legislation ultimately enacted as the Commerce Tax. Prior to that, Mr. Doerr served as Senior Deputy Attorney General for the State of Nevada and represented the Nevada Department of Taxation in various state tax controversy matters including matters related to the taxability of complimentary meals, various matters related to the live entertainment tax including its constitutionality, the taxability of construction contracts and the taxability of direct mail, among others. Within the Attorney General’s Office, Mr. Doerr was part of a team of transactional lawyers who were charged with streamlining the state’s Standard Form Contract for services and developing the state’s Short Form Contract for services under $50,000. Also while serving as Senior Deputy Attorney General, Mr. Doerr represented the Office of the State Treasurer, the State Board of Finance and the Governor's Office of Economic Development in litigation matters including appeals to the Nevada Supreme Court and transactional matters including tax abatement and incentives related to economic development programs as well as acting as issuer's counsel on numerous bond issuance and re-finance transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Doerr worked in food & beverage and table games in casinos in the midwest and Puerto Rico.
- Clean Water Coalition v. M Resort, LLC v. State, 255 P.3d 247 (Nev. 2011)
- State of Nevada Department of Taxation v. MASCO Builder Cabinet Group, 265 P.3d 666 (Nev. 2011)
- State of Nevada Department of Taxation v. MASCO Builder Cabinet Group, 312 P.3d 475 (Nev. 2013)
- Déjà Vu Showgirls v. Nevada Department of Taxation, 334 P.3d 387 (Nev. 2014)
- Déjà Vu Showgirls v. Nevada Department of Taxation, 334 P.3d 392 (Nev. 2014)
- Complimentary Meal Update-Society of Certified Public Accountants – 2010
- Public Records Act Litigation-Law Seminars International - 2013
State Bar Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004
- Employment Law Certificate
Saint Louis University-Parks College of Engineering and Aviation
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics, cum laude, 2000