- Email: Brian.DeMocker@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2051
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Brian DeMocker is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Brian has experience with Title VII and ADA discrimination cases, wage & hour individual and class actions, FMLA matters, ERISA compliance, COVID-19 matters, trade secrets & non-compete disputes, and Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act cases.
Brian started with Lewis Brisbois as a Summer Associate in 2019 and returned to Lewis Brisbois full-time after graduating law school. Brian earned his Juris Doctor in 2020 from The George Washington University Law School, where he focused on employment law, pre-trial practices, and trial work. Although he studied law in Washington, D.C., Brian is a Coloradoan at heart. He completed his undergraduate studies at The University of Colorado – Boulder (“sko Buffs”).
Drawing on a passion for litigation, Brian represents clients at every stage of the case. He also keeps an eye on new employment-related state and federal legislation to provide clients with necessary information and counseling to remain in compliance with applicable laws.
In his spare time, you will find Brian brewing beer, hiking, skiing, playing boardgames, or trying to teach his dog a trick or two.
- “NOTE: The Roads of the Future Require a Functioning P.A.V.E.R.: How Autonomous Vehicles are More Like Your Bank Than Your Browser, and Must be Regulated Accordingly,” 72 Federal Communications Law Journal 45, 2020
- “New York State Dramatically Expands Its Discrimination Laws,” Lewis Brisbois
- “Beginning 2021, Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Will Impose New Requirements on Employers’ Hiring, Promoting, and Record-Keeping Practices,” Lewis Brisbois
- “Starting September 1, 2019, Colorado Will ‘Ban the Box’ That Inquires Into Job Applicant Criminal History,” Lewis Brisbois
- “Colorado Supreme Court Rules Judge-Made Economic Loss Rule Does Not Bar Recovery for Concurrent Civil Theft, Breach of Contract Claims,” Lewis Brisbois
- “Beginning in 2020, Willful Failure to Pay Wages Will Be a Criminal Offense in Colorado,” Lewis Brisbois
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
The George Washington University Law School
Juris Doctor, 2020
The University of Colorado – Boulder
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2016