- Email: Alexander.DeMasi@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 816.299.4261
- Fax: 816.299.4245
Alex DeMasi is a partner in the Kansas City office of Lewis Brisbois. Mr. DeMasi’s practice involves a wide variety of civil litigation with an emphasis on employment, transportation, and products liability, and commercial litigation.
Mr. DeMasi has successfully defended employers against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. He also regularly litigates matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, covenants not to compete, business torts, and theft of trade secrets. Mr. DeMasi is well-versed in federal and state employment laws and has a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by employers in today’s rapidly changing workplace environment. Mr. DeMasi also has experience representing employers through the workers’ compensation process. He works closely with clients to develop proactive strategies that minimize legal risks and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Mr. DeMasi is a trusted advocate to trucking and transportation companies involved in catastrophic personal injury lawsuits, cargo claims, and regulatory compliance concerns. He has extensive experience representing motor carriers, FMCSA training providers, school bus operators, waste management groups, logistics providers, and insurance carriers in state and federal courts across the country. Mr. DeMasi is committed to vigorously protecting his clients’ interests in this highly regulated and often challenging industry. He is a member of the firm’s 24/7 Rapid Response Team and regularly works with motor carriers, insurers, and third-party administrators to investigate accident scenes and preserve evidence.
Mr. DeMasi is regularly called to defend manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in cases involving alleged defects, inadequate warnings, design-flaws and other product-related issues. Mr. DeMasi regularly represents international businesses and insurance carriers based in Europe and Asia and works as local counsel in products matters across the Midwest. As a natural problem solver, Mr. DeMasi is often brought in to defend a wide variety of general liability matters, including instances of complex catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death.
Alex regularly advises and represents clients facing business disputes in state and federal courts across Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. Alex is known for his tactical approach to case strategy and his ability to analyze each case to develop effective resolutions for his clients. Alex is often called to parachute into matters already in litigation and has the ability to seamlessly integrate into complex legal disputes and provide effective representation to clients at any stage of the litigation process.
Uber: Europe's Backseat Driver for the Sharing Economy, Creighton International and Comparative Law Journal, June 2016
- Trade Secret & Non-Compete Disputes
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Society for Human Resource Management of Greater Kansas City
- Greater Kansas City Claims Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association
Awards & Honors
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2020, 2021, and 2022
Creighton University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
- Order of the Barristers
- Executive Editor of the Creighton International and Comparative Law Journal
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Finance, 2014