- Email: Alexander.DeMasi@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 816.299.4261
- Fax: 816.299.4245
Alexander DeMasi is an associate in the Kansas City and Wichita offices of Lewis Brisbois. Mr. DeMasi concentrates his practice on defense of employment, transportation, and general liability claims.
Mr. DeMasi advises and represents employers in various aspects of labor and employment law, including defending claims of discrimination, retaliation, and/or wrongful termination brought under state and federal law.
Mr. DeMasi has extensive experience defending the trucking and transportation industry, representing freight carriers, transportation brokers, truck insurers, public entities, school bus operators, long and short haul truckers, and waste management groups engaged in both intra-state and interstate transportation. He is routinely called early on in these matters and takes a boots on the ground approach to investigate the facts and secure relevant evidence. He has considerable experience in a variety of prevalent issues within the trucking industry, including negligent hiring and retention, hours of service, ECM data, messaging and positioning data, DOT compliance, and accident reconstruction.
Mr. DeMasi routinely defends cases involving complex liability and medical issues, including instances of alleged criminal acts on business property, negligent security, negligent hiring and/or retention, products liability, premises claims, catastrophic injury and high exposure general liability litigation.
Mr. DeMasi has successfully advised and represented clients in state and federal courts across Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Oklahoma. He is a graduate of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy and has been named to the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list for Kansas and Missouri every year since 2020.
Uber: Europe's Backseat Driver for the Sharing Economy, Creighton International and Comparative Law Journal, June 2016
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2020, 2021, and 2022
Creighton University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
- Order of the Barristers
- Executive Editor of the Creighton International and Comparative Law Journal
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Finance, 2014