- Email: Travis.DeCosta@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 401.406.3309
- Fax: 401.406.3312
Travis DeCosta is an associate in the Providence office of Lewis Brisbois. He concentrates his practice on civil litigation involving:
- Personal injury and property damage claims, including premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, construction litigation, wrongful death and catastrophic injury;
- Worker’s compensation;
- Housing and Land Court matters;
- Protection of Post-foreclosure assets;
- Business disputes; and
- Landlord-Tenant matters, including, but not limited to, representing property management entities, housing authorities, and private landlords.
Travis’ experience also includes handling matters that are pre-suit which requires comprehensive investigation, risk analysis, counseling and strategizing. Furthermore, Travis has assisted many clients in evaluating and analyzing liability and coverage issues.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Travis also gained extensive experience in real estate law and title conveyance. Travis represents numerous real estate investment enterprises, individuals, landlords and property management companies throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts as outside general counsel and also in their eviction matters. Travis’ experience with real estate matters has proven valuable in many matters that move forward litigiously.
Travis graduated from Roger Williams University School of Law in 2015. There he gained valuable insight and experience in helpful niches. For example, Travis was a Student Fellow in the law school’s Business Start-up Clinic. This position included assuming primary responsibility for client matters including federal trademark registration, drafting operating agreements and related governing documents for business start-ups and existing non-profit corporations.
State Bar Admissions
- Rhode Island
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Roger Williams University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015