- Email: Lindsay.DeCarlo@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 813.739.1911
- Fax: 813.739.1919
Lindsay DeCarlo is a partner in the Tampa office of Lewis Brisbois and member of the General Liability, Healthcare, Products Liability, and Class Action & Mass Tort Practices. Ms. DeCarlo routinely handles a breadth of complex litigation, ranging from the defense of high-exposure toxic tort and data breach class actions to products liability suits for multiple Fortune 500 companies. She also handles commercial litigation, premises liability, and the defense of constitutional claims brought against her government contractor clients.
She has published guides on defending food-borne illness litigation and has presented to medical associations and healthcare groups through Florida on effective liability risk mitigation and early incident intervention for successful defense strategies.
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. DeCarlo was an associate at a boutique defense firm in New York City focused exclusively on defending medical malpractice actions. In that role, she represented the region’s most prominent hospitals and medical providers at all stages of complex civil litigation from inception through verdict. Ms. DeCarlo previously practiced mass-tort litigation specializing in pharmaceutical products liability, during which time she managed a robust caseload and had the opportunity to litigate in multidistrict litigations (MDL) and federal jurisdictions throughout the nation. Ms. DeCarlo has also served as a Judicial Clerk in Florida's Twelfth Judicial Circuit and was a municipal litigation Summer Associate practicing in the Broward County Attorney’s Office.
Ms. DeCarlo has been awarded for her legal drafting abilities and was placed on the President’s List for her participation in a supplementary litigation skills curriculum at New York Law School. She applies these skills to her practice and has a proven track record of successfully obtaining dismissal and summary judgment on her clients’ behalf. Ms. DeCarlo’s pleadings and motions have been seen on legal news outlets, including Law360 and The Legal Intelligencer.
Ms. DeCarlo is an active member of the legal community and has served as an executive board member on the New York City Bar Association Tort Litigation Committee. She is a member of the Florida Bar Association Trial Division and is involved in the Florida Bar Speakers Bureau, where she volunteers her services presenting on legal issues to audiences ranging from high school students to professional associations. Outside of the courtroom, Ms. DeCarlo considers mentoring her passion and dedicates particular interest in assisting young female attorneys foster their success through law school and into their careers.
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Judicial Panel for Multidistrict Litigation (JPML)
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
USDC Middle District of Florida
USDC Southern District of Florida
Judicial Panel for Multidistrict Litigation (JPML)
- New York City Bar Association
- Tort Litigation Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Young Advocates Committee
- Florida Bar
- Speakers Bureau
- Trial Lawyers Section
- American Legion Auxiliary
- Florida Association of Female Lawyers
- Hillsborough Association of Female Lawyers
Awards & Honors
- “Ones to Watch," Products Liability, Best Lawyers, 2023—2024
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
University of Florida Levin College of Law
University of Florida
Bachelor of Science in Journalism