- Email: Julie.Dann@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4961
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Julie Dann is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. In her practice, she provides support to all of Lewis Brisbois's offices with respect to interpreting rules of ethics and professional conduct, identifying and resolving conflicts of interest, and other compliance-related issues.
Ms. Dann joined Lewis Brisbois as an attorney in 2001 as a member of the Healthcare Practice group. Since 2001, Ms. Dann’s practice included defending medical malpractice, professional liability, business litigation, employment litigation, and general liability matters in both federal and state court. Her practice also included handling class actions, insurance coverage, Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act matters, defending clients facing accusations of civil rights violations and appellate work.
Ms. Dann’s legal experience includes defending healthcare districts, private hospitals, physicians, nurses, hospice providers, home health providers, equipment suppliers and medical groups from all manner of negligence, intentional conduct, employment and abuse claims. She has extensive experience representing public entities in matters involving issues pertaining to the California Government Claims Act. She has successfully opposed numerous petitions filed with the court pursuant to the Government Claims Act obtaining early case dismissals. On multiple occasions, she has successfully defended matters via pre-trial motions, such as anti-SLAPP and summary judgment. She has also handled wrongful termination, employment discrimination and sexual harassment claims.
- Duran v. Mandujano (9th Cir. Aug. 23, 2018, No. 17-56753) 2018 U.S. App. LEXIS 23901
- Hefczyc v. Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego (2017) 17 Cal.App.5th 518
- Howard v. Omni Hotels Management Corp. (2012) 203 Cal.App.4th 403
- Jones v. Badagliacco-Cabrera (Dec. 2, 2015, No. D066359) 2015 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 8650
- Galicia v. Spencer (Jan. 27, 2015, Nos. D063758, D064441) 2015 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 528
- Carroll v. Arthroscopic & Laser Surgery Ctr. of San Diego (Feb. 25, 2014, No. D063081) 2014 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1377
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, Southern District of California
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of California at Riverside
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1995