- Email: Marc.Cwik@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 702.693.4374
- Fax: 702.893.3789
Marc Cwik is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and leads the team of lawyers in the Professional Liability Practice handling cases throughout the State of Nevada, both state and federal court. He is licensed to practice in Nevada and Wisconsin, as well as before the District of Nevada, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Cwik is a litigation attorney handling cases in the areas of professional malpractice (including defense of lawyers, real estate brokers/agents, and insurance brokers/agents), insurance coverage, general liability, FINRA matters, and also handles appeals and writ petitions. Mr. Cwik also has experience defending consumer litigation lawsuits involving allegations of violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Telephone Consumer Practices Act and the Truth in Lending Act as well as common law tort claims on behalf of debt collectors, creditors and financial institutions. Mr. Cwik also has experience defending entities and individuals involved in property management, homeowner associations, not for profit co-op and condominium boards, and other common interest development communities. He has further handled cases in the areas of personal injury, premises liability, wrongful death, products liability, franchisor/franchisee liability, family law, mechanic’s liens, construction defects, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Cwik’s experience as a litigator is complemented by participation in numerous mediations, settlement conferences, court-annexed arbitrations, and binding arbitrations. Mr. Cwik is also a skilled legal brief writer and looks to either resolve disputes, or narrow the issues in cases, via motion practice, whenever possible. Mr. Cwik is also regularly called upon by his peers for client referrals and to provide legal opinions concerning complex factual and legal disputes.
From 2005 through 2014, Mr. Cwik held the position of Adjunct Professor of Law at Concord Law School of Kaplan University (Los Angeles, CA), teaching a 6 month course in Medical Malpractice & Professional Liability, and a year-long course in Civil Procedure. He has also given presentations concerning Nevada law practice to organizational clients.
- Cwik, M. S. (1999). The agunah divorce problem in Jewish society: Exploring the possibility of an international law solution. Wisconsin International Law Journal, vol. 17(1), pp. 109-144.
- Cwik, M., Lambert, J., & Bogenschneider, K. (1995). Father involvement: Policies and programs. Report to the Governor’s Commission on Families and Children. Madison, WI: Office of the Lieutenant Governor.
- Mr. Cwik has also authored numerous articles on the problem of domestic violence in society, including a two-part series on the response of clergy to violence within congregant marriages.
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the District of Nevada
United States Supreme Court
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Washoe County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Mr. Cwik received the Wisconsin Bar Award for achieving the highest class grades in both Professional Responsibility and Constitutional Law. He also served as a Note and Comment Editor for the Wisconsin International Law Journal.
University of Wisconsin Law School
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of Wisconsin–Madison
Master of Science, 1996
University of Wisconsin–Madison
Bachelor of Science, 1993