- Email: Daniel.Curtin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 219.440.0614
- Fax: 219.440.0601
Daniel J. Curtin is an associate in the Northwest Indiana office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Curtin has extensive experience representing individuals and corporate clients in both federal and state court. Mr. Curtin’s primary areas of practice include wrongful death, personal injury, premise liability, products liability, and medical malpractice.
Mr. Curtin began his legal career at a regional defense firm where he served as a law clerk throughout all three years of law school before becoming an associate. In his role as an associate attorney, Mr. Curtin practiced civil litigation defense and focused his practice on a variety of areas, including medical malpractice defense, trucking defense, and general liability defense. Mr. Curtin also has experience with trust and estates, real estate transactions, and family law, and has served as Judge Pro Tempore in small claims court.
Mr. Curtin earned his Juris Doctorate from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2019, where we graduated second in his class with top honors, summa cum laude. While in law school, Mr. Curtin was a member of and was published in the Valparaiso University Law Review. Mr. Curtin was then elected as an Executive Articles Editor of the Valparaiso University Law Review. In his second and third years of law school, Mr. Curtin participated in the general civil section of the Valparaiso University Legal Clinic, where he was temporarily admitted to practice under supervision as a Student Legal Intern. Mr. Curtin represented clients in a variety of civil matters in this capacity, including family law and landlord-tenancy disputes, allowing him to participate in client meetings, settlement negotiations, and court hearings.
Mr. Curtin was born in Chicago and grew up in Crown Point, Indiana. In his spare time, Mr. Curtin enjoys running, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Lake County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Master of Business Administration, 2021
Valparaiso University School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2019
- Executive Articles Editor for Valparaiso University Law Review, Volume 53
- Jurist Scholar Academic Scholarship Recipient
- Honor’s Program admission based on GPA and class rank
- Barbri Head Sales Representative, 2018-2019
- Received Honor’s As in Criminal Law I, Criminal Law II, Torts I, Remedies, and Bar Exam Sub. & Strat. I and II
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & Sociology, 2015
- Student Body Vice President, Student Government Association
- Teaching Assistant for Advanced Research Methods in Sociology