- Email: William.Cravens@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.548.3950
- Fax: 303.861.7767
William Cravens is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Antitrust & Competition Practice and the Government Investigations & White Collar Defense. He supplements his work in these areas with his expertise in intellectual property, data privacy and cybersecurity, and corporate law. He is additionally certified by the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law in mediation (2018) and advanced legal research (2016). These certifications and his expertise have made him an expert in drafting agreements and guidance policies, researching and reviewing contracts and legal policies for compliance, and conducting interviews. William began working for Lewis Brisbois as a clerk during his final year of law school before becoming an associate in 2019.
William graduated with a BSc in Neurobiology from The University of Texas in Austin in 2013. His post-graduate service on the advisory council at Cook Children’s Hospital and his experiences with the intricacies of legal and commercial interests in medical practice inspired his pursuit of a law degree. In addition to being supported by various endowed scholarships based on merit throughout his tenure at DU, William also volunteered as a mediator at the Better Business Bureau and at Adams County for small claims court disputes. While pursuing his law degree, William interned with Swisslog Healthcare, Centura Health, Arrow Electronics, and various national law firms with offices in Denver, Colorado. At these various internships, William gained valuable hands on experience—experience which he uses when dealing with clients today.
In addition to his various internships, William was also heavily involved in the student community at DU: he served as a student member on the DU Honor Board Council (2016-2019), as an article editor for the Transportation Law Journal (2017-2019), and as a member of DU’s AIPLA Rich Giles Moot Court Competition (2018). His investment in these entities was informed by his experience as a research assistant on data privacy and artificial intelligence for John Soma, a DU Professor and the Executive Director for DU’s Privacy Foundation.
Published Technical Editor for “Patents and Standards: Practice, Policy, and Enforcement” book published by Bloomberg BNA, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and Holland & Hart.
- Intellectual Property Certificate, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2019
- Certified Mediator, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2018
- Certificate in Advanced Legal Research, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2016
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Volunteer Mediator at Adams County for small claims court disputes.
- Volunteer mediator at the Better Business Bureau.
- Volunteer advisory council at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas (A council of recognized Volunteers that helps influence hospital policy in terms of interactions and safety precautions with patients and families. The council meets to discuss current hospital events, necessary reforms, and to provide feedback on the current Cook Children's set up.)
Co-Presenter, “The Law Under Section 1 of the Sherman Act Today,” Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, April 2020.
State Bar Admissions
- Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2019
- Elected DU Honor Board 2017-19
- AIPLA Moot Court DU Selected Member 2018
- Transportation law Journal, Articles Editor, 2017-19
- Chizzie Works Endowed Scholarship
- Donald Gorder Endowed Scholarship
- Edith Turley Baine Scholarship
- Hover T. Lentz Endowed Scholarship
- Marion F. Jones Memorial Endowed Scholarship & Transportation Lawyers Association Endowed Scholarship
- Montgomery Dorsey Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- The Transportation Lawyers Association TLJ Endowed Scholar
- Brownstein Fellow 2018
The University of Texas
Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology, 2013
- Dean's list