- Email: Zachary.Cormier@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.792.1501
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Zachary R. Cormier is an associate in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Zachary is a labor and employment attorney with several years of experience in advising employers on legal compliance and best practices for their working environments. Zachary also has extensive experience representing employers within administrative proceedings and litigation with respect to employment claims of all kinds under both state and federal law. Zachary has received recognition by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star within the employment litigation context for a number of years.
Zachary is a complete resource to employers for all of their employment and labor related needs. Should litigation arise in the employment context, Zachary provides effective and cost-efficient representation in working with his clients to achieve their goals in each particular matter. Zachary is however equally committed to working with employers in building corporate policy, process, and culture to create the highest quality working environment in order to help avoid unnecessary legal issues and to otherwise enable the company’s workforce to reach its greatest levels of success.
Zachary has further experience in a wide variety of commercial and corporate litigation matters, which enables him to provide comprehensive advice to his clients. Zachary also has extensive experience in representing governmental entities within civil rights matters and other constitutional litigation. Zachary previously taught Constitutional Law and Civil Procedure as a law professor and remains active in pursuing scholarship within both the constitutional law and employment law fields.
- Pompeo v. Bd. of Regents, 852 F.3d 973 (10th Cir. 2017)
- Montoya v. N.M. Inst. of Mining & Tech., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 40641 (D.N.M. 2017)
- Lucero v. Bureau of Collection Recovery, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 26561 (D.N.M. 2012)
- Lucero v. Bureau of Collection Recovery, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 126309 (D.N.M. 2012)
- Sedillo v. United Collection Bureau, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 89533 (D.N.M. 2013)
- Is Vulnerability Enough? Analyzing The Jurisdictional Divide On The Requirement For Post-Notice Harassment In Title IX Litigation, 29 YALE J. L. & FEMINISM 1 (2017).
- Administrative Leave As An Adverse Action For Title VII Retaliation: New Principles For Liability Call For New Updates To Policy, 37 N. ILL. U. L. REV. 277 (2017).
- Forcing Personal Injury Suits Into The "Regulation" Of Class III Gaming - The Judicial Divide Regarding Waiver Of Tribal Immunity And Jurisdiction For Personal Injury Suits Under The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, 40 OKLA. CITY U. L. REV. 329 (2015).
- Delaware Corporate Law Recognizes the Fundamental Validity of the Forum Selection Bylaw: A Survey of the Boilermakers Litigation, 8 PEPP. J. BUS. ENTR. & LAW 115 (2015).
- Not One, But Two Determinations Which Define the Right of Choice, 19 TRINITY L. REV. 135 (2014).
- When a Communication is Not a “Communication”: The Ever Growing Jurisdictional Split Regarding the Scope of Permissible Third Party Contacts under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 14 MICH. ST. J. BUS. & SEC. LAW 97 (2013).
- Christian Legal Society v. Martinez: The Death Knell for Associational Freedom on the College Campus, 17 TEX. WESLEYAN L. REV. 287 (2011).
- Was the Congressional Grant of ‘Bailout’ Authority to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson Really So “Unprecedented?”: A Historical Analysis and Comparison of Treasury Secretary Authority During Financial Crisis, 3 PEPP. J. BUS. ENTR. & LAW 389, Electronic Articles (2010).
State Bar Admissions
- New Mexico
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
US District Court, District of New Mexico
Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Society for Human Resource Management
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Employment Litigation) 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Pepperdine University School of Law
- Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law
- Moot Court Board
University of New Mexico
Bachelor of Business Administration, Financial Management, cum laude
- Ford Motors Academic Scholarship, Recipient
- Kappa Upsilon Chi