- Email: David.Clukey@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.7879
- Fax: 602.385.1051
David Clukey is an associate in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation and Transportation Practices. Mr. Clukey represents clients in various areas of commercial disputes including real estate, breach of contract, bad faith, and insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Clukey's transportation practice includes freight loss and damage claims, and matters related to tariff and transportation charge collections. Mr. Clukey also represents clients concerning professional liability and products liability, and represents clients concerning jurisdictional issues related to Native American tribes. Mr. Clukey's representation extends to both state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Co-authored the Montana Chapter of the Defense Research Institute's compendium regarding an insurer's duty to defend (2015).
"Negotiating Contracts on Tribal Lands: Establishing the Framework of Native American Land Ownership and Tribal Water Rights," National Business Institute (2018).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of Idaho
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
United States District Court for the District of Idaho
United States District Court for the District of Montana
United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States Tax Court
Awards & Honors
"Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2021
Gonzaga University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
- Editor-in-Chief of the Gonzaga Journal of International Law.
- Member of the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court team.
- Board Member of the William O. Douglas First Amendment Society.
Brigham Young University - Idaho
Bachelor of Science, Communication, 2011