- Email: John.Christie@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 216.298.1259
- Fax: 216.344.9421
John Christie is a partner in the Cleveland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. He has spent his legal career assisting companies and individuals in many different legal matters, focusing on a client based approach to find the best solution for the particular client's matter. He has represented both companies, individuals, and insurance companies in courts throughout Ohio, including both federal and state courts of appeals. He has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict, and prevailed on appeals.
John has more than a decade of experience in product liability and asbestos litigation, having represented national and international manufacturers, suppliers, and local companies in both single-claimant cases and multiple-plaintiff settings. His practical approach has been an asset to his clients in navigating this potentially business-ending litigation. He has also represented numerous construction companies over the years, aggressively litigating claims for them in contract disputes, product defect matters, wrongful death claims, and employment matters. In addition, he has represented elder care facilities in medical malpractice and other related litigation.
John is fortunate to have built and maintained his relationship with many of his clients, having had the good fortune to represent the same companies for many years. Although the goal is to avoid litigation (and John regularly advises client well before litigation occurs, with the hope to find a common sense solution), he has the skills to guide each client through the process and has been successful time and time again.
- June 05, 2017 John Christie to Speak at Manufacturing Law CLE
President L'Arche Cleveland
- John has been active at his alma mater, Hawken School since graduation, having served on the alumni board for a number of years, as well as coaching several varsity sports. In addition, he has served as a coach for various teams in the Chagrin Falls area.
- In addition to the above, John serves on the Board at L'Arche Cleveland
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Federal District Court for Northern District of Ohio
Federal District Court for Southern District of Ohio