- Email: Kristen.Carroll@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.1721
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Kristen Carroll is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice. Ms. Carroll briefs and argues appeals in the First and Second Departments of New York’s Appellate Divisions. She also writes and orally argues motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, motions to renew/reargue, orders to show cause for emergency relief, and complex discovery motions at the lower court level for our general liability lawyers. In addition, she assists our trial attorneys by writing motions in limine, motions for a directed verdict, verdict sheets, and jury instructions.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Kristen was an Assistant District Attorney with the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in the Appeals Bureau. Kristen handled a variety of post-conviction motions and appeals in the Appellate Division, Second Department from many different trial zones and specialized bureaus within the office.
Norway's Companies Act, 26 Pace Int'l L. Rev. 68 (2014)
International Law Certificate from Pace University School of Law (2014)
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Member of the Best Buddies Long Island Friendship Walk Committee (2015-Present)
- Ernestine Washington v. County of Nassau, et. al., 176 A.D.3d 903 (2d Dep’t 2019)
- In the Matter of Zurich American Insurance v. Hereford Insurance Company, 173 A.D.3d 880 (2d Dep’t 2019)
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Buddies Community Hero Award (2018): Presented at the annual Best Buddies Friendship Walk on Long Island to recognize spearheading a 5K fun run, called "KC's 5K Fun Run," to raise money for Best Buddies Long Island programs.
- Adolf Homburger Humanitarian Award (2014): Voted and presented by the Pace Law student body to one student on the basis of demonstrated commitment and character, academic excellence, and warmth and modesty.
- Siena College Alumni Relations Service Award (2011): Presented by the Siena College Alumni Relations Board to an individual that embodied service to the community and the school.
Pace University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, Pace International Law Review
- Co-Chair, Moot Court Honor Board
- Student Coordinator, CLARO Westchester
- International Law Certificate
Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science, cum laude, 2011
- Interned at the Albany County District Attorney's Office
- Summer Legal Fellow at the Feerick Center for Social Justice at Fordham Law School