- Email: Whit.Carmon@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 404.991.2186
- Fax: 404.467.8845
Whit Carmon is an associate in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Medical Malpractice Departments. He began his practice at a mid-size firm based out of Atlanta, Georgia where he primarily represented long term care facilities and allied health professionals in a variety of matters spanning professional negligence, general liability, and regulatory compliance claims.
Whit is a proud alumnus of both the University of Georgia, where he obtained his undergraduate degree in English as well as Mercer University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor. He and his wife Emily live in Buckhead, Georgia. He enjoys playing tennis, UGA football, and spending time with his eight nieces and nephews.
- Evidence, Article published in Mercer Law Review, Annual Survey of Georgia Law, Fall 2018, Vol. 70.
- Evidence, Article published in Mercer Law Review, Annual Survey of Georgia Law, Fall 2017, Vol. 69.
- Elderly Left Out of New Statutory Measures to Prevent Opioid Abuse, HBS Opioid Task Force Blog, September 2017.
- No Cents in Doing It Again: the Importance of Disclosing Insurance Coverage at Discovery, April 2016, Defense Counsel Journal
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Legal Food Frenzy
- Rebuilding Macon
- Georgia Mountain Food Bank
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
Mercer University School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society – (Top 10% of the graduating law school class)
- Walter F. George Foundation Public Service Scholarship – (Full Tuition Scholarship)
- Mercer Law Review
- W. A. Bootle Inn of Court
- Legal Food Frenzy
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Arts in English, magna cum laude
- Hope Scholarship Recipient – (Full Tuition Scholarship)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Arch Society
- Phi Kappa Literary and Debate Society