- Email: Rod.Cappy@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5004
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Rod J. Cappy is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability and Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation. Rod represents manufacturers and suppliers of construction materials in cases arising out of exposure to asbestos and toxic substances; trucking companies in transportation and cargo matters; corporations in automotive product liability litigation; and food companies in food-related matters.
Rod’s extensive experience in Products Liability matters provides him with a unique ability to handle all matters in his field. Over the years, Rod has worked as Regional Counsel for Chrysler, handling automotive product liability cases, has taken lead in well over one thousand depositions, and has been involved in numerous trials involving automotive, trucking, component parts and toxic tort matters.
Rod is widely considered an industry expert by his peers, and Super Lawyers has selected him as one of the top 5% of attorneys in his field. Due to his unique abilities, he has also given presentations on how to properly prepare for a deposition, deposition questioning, common mistakes made in a deposition, and issues relating to expert depositions and Kennemur issues.
Rod is originally from the Detroit area and resides in Sherman Oaks, California. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time traveling all over the world, collecting and drinking wine, hiking and playing bad tennis.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Truck Industry Defense Association, Member
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers 2011-2018
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta
Juris Doctor, 1988
- Moot Court Honors program Law Review, Member
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, cum laude, 1985