- Email: Shannon.Burr@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.322.4099
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Shannon Burr is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Transportation, Construction, and First Party Property Practices.
Shannon has extensive experience in a wide variety of complex civil litigation practice areas including commercial transportation, premises, and construction liability. Shannon’s transportation practice includes the defense of owners, lessors and operators of commercial trucking vehicles involved in intra and interstate commerce. Shannon has defended clients in construction defect and premises liability cases involving various alleged defects and involving serious injury and fatality. Shannon also assists clients involved in commercial real estate and business transactions. Shannon’s litigation experience gives her a keen understanding of the potential issues that may arise in negotiations and the ability to address any issues on the front end.
In addition, Ms. Burr has defended insurers in first party claims including coverage for business interruption, property damage, arson and fraud cases.
She has engaged in numerous arbitrations, mediations, and pretrial settlement conferences to obtain favorable results for her clients. She has successfully defended claims from pre-suit litigation to dispositive motions and trial.
Social Media, the First Amendment, and the Rules of Professional Conduct; Ethics and Professionalism Journal, Summer 2016, Vol1 No.4 American Bar Association
Ms. Burr has a Certificate in Admiralty Law from Tulane University
- Applying the Rules of Civil Procedure in Louisiana National Business Institute, September 2016
- Cyber Liability RIMS Southeast Louisiana Chapter, January 2017
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
The U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Juris Doctor, 2003
- Certificate of Concentration in Maritime Law
Bachelor of Arts, 1995