- Email: Shiena.Burke@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.372.6662
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Shiena Marie N. Burke is an Associate in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Litigation Practices. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Shiena Marie held a federal clerkship with the Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges for two years. She then moved to private practice to defend clients in Longshore, Defense Base Act and Black Lung litigation.
Shiena Marie graduated cum laude in the top 22% of her class and received her Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. While in school, Shiena Marie was the Oralist and Brief Writer for the Admiralty Moot Court team, the Comment & Symposium Editor for the Loyola Maritime Law Journal, a Student Practitioner in the Immigration Clinic and the President of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. She received the Highest Grade Awards in Louisiana Property I and a Seminar in Marine Pollution. Her legal experience includes clerking with the Louisiana Supreme Court, the Eastern District of Louisiana Federal Public Defenders Office, the Orleans Public Defenders Office and the United States Navy Judge Advocate General.
Prior to attending law school, she worked at Louisiana University's Marine Consortium (LUMCON) as a Research Assistant in the Executive Directors Hypoxia lab. She spent her time working in the Louisiana marsh assisting with the collection and processing of chlorophyll, sediment and water.
Shiena Marie graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Government and a Minor in Microbiology from Nicholls State University and the Nicholls State University Honors Program. She was the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court for the Student Government Association and involved with several organizations on campus.
- "Defense Base Act & War Hazards Compensation Act," Co-Presenter, CaseExperts Webinar, May 17, 2023
- “Defense Base Act Overview (an extension of the Longshore Act)” Presenter, New Orleans Claims Association (NOCA), April 27, 2023
- “Latest Developments in Workers’ Compensation and What Are My Exposures When Employees Work from Home?” Presenter, New Orleans Chapter of the Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS), March 22, 2023
State Bar Admissions
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Louisiana Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Louisiana Sea Grant Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program Grant Winner
- 89th Louisiana Academy of Science, 1st Place in Social Science Division
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2019
Nicholls State University
Bachelor of Arts in Government, Minor in Microbiology 2015