- Email: John.Borelli@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 215.977.4067
- Fax: 215.977.4101
John Borelli is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice.
John M. Borelli focuses his practice on labor and employment litigation representing employers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey in state and federal courts and before governmental agencies. His broad experience includes allegations of wrongful discharge, discrimination, whistleblower claims and claims arising under Title VII, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
Mr. Borelli also represents clients in commercial disputes related to allegations of unfair competition and false advertising arising under state and federal law as well as matters involving allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets and commercial disparagement.
Mr. Borelli is experienced in premises liability, construction accident, asbestos and products liability matters. He has defended municipalities and individual police officers in claims alleging excessive force, unlawful search and seizure and unlawful arrest.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Borelli served more than four years as a police officer with the Baltimore Police Department.
Related Legal Alerts
- March 21, 2019 New Jersey Employers Beware – Parts of Your Employment Agreements May Now Be Unenforceable
- February 26, 2019 Philadelphia Employers Should Prepare For the Requirements of the Fair Workweek Ordinance
- January 17, 2019 Pennsylvania Employers Now Have an Obligation to Protect Employees' Electronically Stored Information
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
University of Baltimore School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2005
La Salle University
Bachelor of Arts, 1996
- Achieved a dismissal of charges on behalf of a college in an EEOC claim alleging violations of Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Submitted a response to the charges of discrimination that led the EEOC to close its investigation due to lack of information substantiating the alleged violations.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice in a wrongful termination claim under the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act on behalf of a medical practice.
- Successfully defended a charter school in a Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC) claim alleging termination based on age discrimination, assisting client through the investigation by the PHRC, including responding to the PHRC's requests for various documents. PHRC dismissed the complaint based on failure to establish probable cause to support the alleged unlawful discrimination.