- Email: Andrew.Bluth@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 916.646.8212
- Fax: 916.564.5444
Andrew Bluth is a partner in the Sacramento office of Lewis Brisbois. He is a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice, with broad experience in a variety of fields, including representation of financial institutions, telecommunications companies, railroads, utilities, contractors, developers, and startup technology companies in complex commercial disputes and regulatory matters. Andrew's experience includes nationwide consumer class action defense; sophisticated contract disputes; complex writ practice; unfair business practices matters, as well as antitrust litigation and counseling. Andrew's writ experience includes complex environmental litigation under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Andrew has conducted jury trials and arbitrations throughout California, appeared before the California Public Utilities Commission, and litigated in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Delaware Supreme Court.
Andrew has represented numerous clients in defense of class action lawsuits under the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) as well as California's "two party consent" telephone recording statutes. Andrew provides communications counseling advice in these areas and his experience includes representing clients before the Federal Communications Commission.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Andrew was a reporter for the New York Times and Orange County Register newspapers where he covered national breaking news events as well as the surf and restaurant industries.
- Supreme Court Settles Jurisdiction Question Under Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Authors: Andrew D. Bluth, Lauren Lynch Flick, John S. Poulos, 1.19.2012
- Nonprofit Defends Purchase Deals for City of Los Angeles, Authors: Deborah B. Baum, Andrew D. Bluth, Alvin Dunn, John S. Poulos, Chris R. Rodriguez, 4.25.2008
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Supreme Court
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
United States District Court, Northern District of California
United States District Court, Southern District of California
United States District Court, Central District of California
Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association
- Professional Association of Customer Engagement
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Awards & Honors
- Sacramento Magazine, Top Lawyers (2015, 2017, 2018)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars--Northern California (2011–2013)
UC Davis School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004
Bachelor of Science, 1997