- Email: Matthew.Beyer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 612.428.5039
- Fax: 612.428.5001
Matthew Beyer is an associate in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Insurance Law Practices. Matt has broad experience as a civil litigator, prosecuting and defending complex commercial cases in state and federal courts across the country, including at trial.
Matt’s diverse practice incorporates high-stakes contractual and business disputes, as well as employment discrimination, wage and hour, and professional liability insurance coverage matters. In addition, Matt has handled an array of general liability matters, including products liability, toxic tort, asbestos, premises liability, and personal injury suits.
With significant experience in arbitration, mediation, and settlement negotiation, Matt also focuses on resolving disputes outside of the courtroom when such a resolution is in the best interests of a client. In addition, Matt has consistently performed pro bono work for clients in the employment law arena, most recently representing individuals seeking unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Provided support to persons seeking unemployment benefits during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Provided litigation support to the Animal Defense Partnership, advocating for the rights and protection of animals across the country
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Boston University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2013
Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations
Bachelors of Science, 2010
- Defending an excess insurer in a claim for coverage of millions of dollars in defense costs relating to an SEC investigation and settlement.
- Representing security companies in a series of cases relating to personal injury claims brought by individuals allegedly hurt on the premises of a venue where security was being provided.
- Defending a closely held company and its officers from claims of breach of fiduciary duty and self-dealing by a former partner.
- Settled a case for a client who filed gender and pregnancy discrimination claims against her former employer.
- Defending an elevator maintenance company in a race discrimination lawsuit filed by a former employee.
- Prosecuting a breach of contract case on behalf of a former president of a local nonprofit development corporation.
- Serving on the defense team handling coverage claims related to an adversarial action brought in a bankruptcy court that had previously settled and are therefore barred from recovery.
- Serving as second-chair for a multi-week jury trial on a breach of contract action.
- Defending a company and its officers and directors from charges of breach of fiduciary duty by common stockholders arising from a merger transaction.
- Defending a municipality in a multi-plaintiff asbestos litigation.