- Email: Whitney.Betts@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4960
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Whitney J. Betts is an associate in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Medical Malpractice and General Liability Practices.
Ms. Betts was admitted to the California State Bar in 2010 and has substantial experience in litigating civil actions focused on auto liability, trucking, commercial premises liability, and various claims pertaining to personal injury defense. She has completed trials and successfully mediated auto, trucking, products liability, first party and premises liability cases with catastrophic injuries. She also represents the interests of physicians, nurses, and hospitals in medical malpractice and elder abuse cases.
While in law school, she was the Primary and Secondary Notes Editor of the TJSL Law Review, a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Luis R. Vargas of the San Diego Superior Court, and participated in study abroad at Faculte de Droit de L’Universite de Nice in Nice, France.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services from the State Bar of California, 2010
- Distinguished Service Award 2010 from the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2010
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, 2007
- Dean's Scholarship recipient
- Am Jur High Grade Award: Legal Writing II, International Business Transactions