- Email: Bradley.Bartolomeo@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1398
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Bradley J. Bartolomeo is a partner in the New York and Newark offices of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Labor & Employment, Professional Liability, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Entertainment, Media and Sports Practices.
Mr. Bartolomeo has represented companies, their management and individuals in federal, state, and administrative courts, as well as in mediations and arbitrations, on a national basis. His practice includes counseling and representing clients in connection with issues pertaining to the Fair Labor Standards Act and wage and hour compliance, internal and external confidential investigations and audits, and the numerous labor and employment, human resources, and employee management issues that face companies large and small on a day-to-day basis.
Mr. Bartolomeo has helped guide clients through all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution in connection with Title VII and state law-based discrimination, harassment, whistleblower and retaliation claims. Through his counseling and engagement efforts, Mr. Bartolomeo is dedicated to partnering with clients to reduce litigation expenses, proactively prevent employment claims and enhance employee performance. He has successfully mediated a myriad of employment and other disputes and remains devoted to achieving creative and cost-effective solutions in appropriate cases and aggressively litigating defensible cases.
His experience also extends to the defense of numerous high stakes and complex litigation class actions including suits alleging violation of state and federal consumer protection laws, unfair competition, false advertising, and employment wage and hour claims, among others.
Mr. Bartolomeo is the former Secretary of the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Arbitration and currently sits as a Member of the Sports Law Committee. Mr. Bartolomeo is a published author, having written numerous articles on employment and labor topics. He is also a frequent lecturer at Continuing Legal Education and Human Resources Recertification (PHR, SPHR, and GPHR) classes on employment trends and best practices.
Mr. Bartolomeo has been recognized since 2015 in New York and New Jersey's “Super Lawyers®” as a “Rising Star”, a Thomson Reuters business, in the areas Employment & Labor, Entertainment & Sports and Business Litigation. The selection of Rising Stars® is made by an attorney-led research team that independently reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of evaluation criteria. Practicing lawyers are asked to nominate “attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.” No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in a geographical region are named to the Rising Stars® list.
Mr. Bartolomeo is a graduate of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate, and Union College, where he received a Bachelor of Science, and graduated with honors in Psychology, with an additional Major in Anthropology.
- Pay it Forward by Investing in a Healthy Work Culture, MD News
- Ready – Set – Notice – The New Wage Theft Prevention Act, MCB L&E Newsletter
- Obama Health Care Reform Off to a Bumpy Start, MCB Newsletter
- The Employment Lawyer’s Prescription – Treating the Small-Employer with Health Care Reform, MD News
- Protection and Disclosure of Employee Health Information, MCB Newsletter
- Genetic Information Protection through GINA – The Newest Federal Civil Right, MCB Newsletter
- The Impact of H1N1 Virus (Swine Flu) on the Workplace, MD News
- Evaluating the New Jersey Workplace Landscape, Current Perspectives & Issues Affecting Non-Traditional Couples in the Workplace
- The Employment Lawyer’s Prescription: Make Sure Reductions in Force are Safely Planned, MD News
- Presenter, Alternative Dispute Resolution Presentation: What You Need to Know in 2015, CLE Webinar, January 21, 2015
- Moderator, The Fight Over the Fight Game in NY – Panel Discussion, June 30, 2014
- Presenter, Administering the Family Medical Leave Act Under the Current Regulations, CLE Lecture, April 13, 2012
- Presenter, Administering the Family Medical Leave Act Under the Current Regulations, CLE Lecture, February 3, 2012
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
Supreme Court of the United States
United States District Court of the Southern District of New York
United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court of New Jersey
Sports Law Committee for the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, New York, Member, Fall 2011 - present
Awards & Honors
- SuperLawyers Rising Star New York Metro, Labor & Employment, 2015 - 2016
- SuperLawyers Rising Star New Jersey, Labor & Employment, 2015 - 2016
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, 2007
Union College, Schenectady, NY
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Major in Anthropology, 2001