- Email: Joseph.Baiocco@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1370
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Joseph Baiocco is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Baiocco has over 20 years of experience in defending cases in State and Federal Courts in New York and Connecticut. In addition, at the request of clients, he has been admitted pro hac vice to handle matters in jurisdictions throughout the country. Mr. Baiocco litigates and manages a diverse range of civil claims in the areas of transportation, general and premises liability, toxic torts and employer liability. He is routinely retained by trucking companies, retail chains, property owners and insurance companies to defend high exposure claims throughout the country. Prior to his time in civil practice, he was a prosecutor in New York City.
Mr. Baiocco serves as the President of the Connecticut Chapter of The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and is an active member of Transportation Lawyers Association. He has lectured and written on numerous topics including the investigation and defense of Trucking, lead poisoning, construction defect and premises security matters. He has also lectured and written extensively on insurance coverage matters related to trucking and construction.
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
USDC Northern District of NY
USDC Western District of NY
USDC Eastern District of NY
USDC Southern District of NY
USDC District of CT
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- The CLM (Claims and Litigation Management Alliance)
St. John's University, School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1994
- Represented an entity in a multiple defendant construction defect case with high 8 figure settlement demand. My client settled during trial for less than one percent of the total confidential settlement amount.
- Represented company in chemical exposure case with alleged permanent and very serious injuries. Summary judgment granted for client.
- Represented a trucking company in a case where driver was accused of being distracted and causing multiple fatalities. The case resolved during jury selection for confidential amount.