- Email: David.Artman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.712.2805
- Fax: 971.712.2801
David Artman is an associate in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare and Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practices. He holds a Certified Information Privacy Professional/U.S. certificate from the International Association of Privacy Professionals. As a member of Lewis Brisbois’ Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice, Mr. Artman advises businesses and nonprofits on compliance with domestic and international consumer protection and privacy laws to prevent litigation and manage risk. He also assists clients to investigate and remediate data security incidents, works with law enforcement, and represents clients before regulatory agencies.
Mr. Artman was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2015, 2016, and 2017 for his litigation practice. He is fluent in French and conversational in Mandarin, having lived and worked for six years in France and Taiwan.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Co-Author, “The Duty to Defend: When Does it End?” USLAW Magazine, Spring/Summer 2014.
- Author, “Who’s Behind Door Number One?: Problems with Using Confidential Sources in Securities Litigation,” University of Illinois Law Review, October 2011.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Oregon State Bar Products Liability Executive Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
University of Illinois College of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2011
University Paul Valéry
Master of Art in French and Comparative Literature, 2007
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and French, 2001