- Email: Seth.Alhadeff@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 786.353.0241
- Fax: 786.513.2249
Seth Alhadeff is the co-managing partner in the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois. As an experienced litigator, his practice focuses primarily on insurance coverage, bad faith, construction defect, and general liability. With respect to insurance coverage, Mr. Alhadeff regularly advises insurance companies about claims-handling procedures and provides pre-suit coverage opinions and recommendations to insurers. He also litigates complex third- and first-party coverage matters and defends insurers in bad-faith lawsuits in state and federal courts across Florida, primarily handling insurance disputes involving construction defects, aviation, environmental, personal injury, employment, life insurance, first-party property, securities, and professional liability. Seth has represented large and small financial institutions, as well as broker/dealers in arbitration and court proceedings initiated by customers. These matters have varied over a wide range of products claims as well as regulatory investigations. In addition, Mr. Alhadeff regularly litigates general-liability matters, including defending clients in cases alleging negligent security, professional malpractice (real estate agents, insurance agents and broker, lawyers, architects and engineers, and directors and officers), and general premises liability. He also has experience representing developers, contractors, and engineers in multi-party complex construction-defect cases.
- Represented large corporations in wrongful death and product liability matters.
- Represented large general contractors, Owners and subcontractors in cases concerning construction defects.
- Represented a drywall supplier in South Florida related to claims in a class action of more than 100 defendants and 2,000 homeowners.
- Represented numerous design professionals in cases concerning design defects.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a large insurance client in property damage dispute where claim exceeded $50 million.
- Received defense verdict in product liability/wrongful death case concerning a Mosquito Magnet.
- Received favorable verdict representing a restaurant where a minor suffered burns from hot tea.
- Received a defense verdict in premises liability representing large restaurant group.
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
District of Columbia
U.S District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023-2024, Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Insurance
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University
Juris Doctor, 2001
Bachelor of Arts, 1998