- Email: Andrew.Albero@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 215.253.6155
- Fax: 215.977.4101
Andrew Albero is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Life Sciences Practice. Andrew is an experienced litigator with a diverse and nationwide practice focused primarily in the areas of pharmaceutical and medical device products liability defense, medical malpractice defense and long-term care litigation. He defends national medical device and pharmaceutical companies at various levels of the supply chain in both local and multidistrict product liability actions. His complex cases involve alleged catastrophic injuries and economic losses attributed to malfunctioning surgically implantable medical devices and contaminated and/or defective prescription medications.
Andrew also represents physicians and healthcare facilities in a wide variety of medical professional negligence matters involving misdiagnoses, medication errors, falls, decubitus ulcers, among others.
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Andrew gained valuable insight and experience working with the seasoned medical malpractice defense trial attorneys in Philadelphia. Over the years, his detail-oriented and strategic approach has helped achieve countless successful case resolutions in high-exposure medical professional negligence actions on behalf of healthcare providers throughout the Philadelphia area. Andrew has defended health systems, hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, physician practice groups, nursing staff, mental health care providers, and other allied health professionals. He has both first and second-chair trial experience and has managed intensive fact discovery and developed defense theories in numerous complex cases by collaborating directly with clients, witnesses, and experts. He has routinely and independently conducted discovery depositions of adverse parties and their fact witnesses and prepared and presented healthcare providers for their depositions and trial testimony. In addition, Andrew has prepared and argued a wide variety of pre-trial motions and has drafted winning briefs and pleadings in significant cases on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Albero has been a contributing author in multiple publications, including:
- “Legal Issues for the Gastroenterologist: Parts I & II”, The New Gastroenterologist, August and November 2017.
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Professional Liability Update (2017-2018).
Mock Trial, Guest Speaker/Presenter, Pennsylvania Association of Nurse Anesthetists Spring Symposium, Hershey, Pennsylvania, May 2012.
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers, Product Liability Litigation – “Ones to Watch” (2021—2022)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers: Rising Stars – Civil Litigation - Defense (2021)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers: Rising Stars – Personal Injury Defense - Medical Malpractice (2016—2020)
Drexel University Kline School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2009
Johns Hopkins University
Bachelor of Arts, 2006
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Andrew helped achieve numerous favorable outcomes for Philadelphia-area health care providers involved in medical malpractice cases. The following are just a few of his recent success stories:
- Acted as lead trial counsel for a Philadelphia hospital in a multiparty medical malpractice action involving a 29 year-old patient in postictal psychosis who sustained catastrophic injuries after jumping through a hospital window.
- Assisted lead trial counsel in successfully obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of a psychiatrist in a Chester County medical malpractice case. The case involved claims of extreme lithium toxicity and failure to monitor that resulted in severe and permanent cognitive deficits. The pre-trial demand was $4 million. Complicating the case were allegations of forged and altered medical records and key witness credibility issues.
- Assisted lead trial counsel in successfully obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of two physicians and a rehabilitation facility in a Lehigh County medical malpractice case. The case involved an alleged failure to diagnose and treat a femoral fracture, which developed during the patient’s post-operative rehabilitation following bilateral knee replacement surgery.
- Assisted lead trial counsel in successfully obtaining a defense verdict in a Philadelphia medical malpractice case on behalf of a primary care physician. The case involved an alleged failure to timely diagnose and treat a carcinoid tumor, which resulted in widespread metastasis and death of a 51-year-old patient.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of a Philadelphia hospital in a case involving an alleged failure to diagnose and treat a post-operative joint infection. The case involved an issue of first impression under Pennsylvania law regarding Certificates of Merit.