- Email: Joseph.Ackerman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 219.440.0608
- Fax: 219.440.0601
Joseph Ackerman is an associate in the Northwest Indiana office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
Mr. Ackerman joined Lewis Brisbois in 2019 after previously practicing with the Indiana office of an AmLaw 200 firm since 2015. Before moving his practice to Indiana, he previously practiced with a Chicago, Illinois law firm for six years with a focus on insurance coverage matters and as a Law Clerk for the City of Chicago Department of Law with a focus on licensing and administrative law matters.
Mr. Ackerman maintains an active practice as a litigator and counselor, including advising insurers regarding coverage matters and litigating declaratory judgment, bad faith, and breach of contract matters. He also defends individuals, businesses, and governmental entities in a number of areas including personal injury and property damage claims, products liability, medical malpractice, construction, and transportation.
Mr. Ackerman has also served on the Board of Zoning Appeals in the Town of Chesterton, Indiana since 2015.
- "Independent Counsel and Defense under a Reservation of Rights: Where We Are and Where We Are Going," Indiana Civil Litigation Review, 2017
- "Insurance Issues in Personal Injury Litigation," 9 Ancillary Issues in Personal Injury Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation, 2016
"Case Law and Legislative Update and Changes in Liability Limits and their Implications," Handling Complex Auto Insurance Coverage Disputes," National Business Institute, Naperville, IL, 2012
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Northern District of Indiana
Southern District of Indiana
Northern District of Illinois
Central District of Illinois
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2008
University of Notre Dame, 2005
Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Political Science