- Email: Chauna.Abner@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 302.985.6004
- Fax: 302.985.6001
Chauna Abner is an associate in the Wilmington office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. Chauna focuses her practice in the area of commercial litigation. She has experience in litigating high-stake disputes between corporations and stockholders, and members and managers of limited liability companies, as well as those with equitable forms of interest in limited liability companies. Chauna has experience in matters involving fiduciary duties, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and demands for books and records.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Chauna served as an assistant city solicitor to the City of Wilmington. Previously, she was an associate at a law firm where she represented both employers and private and government employees.
In law school, Chauna served as an articles editor of the American University Business Law Review.
"Chancery Permits Parties to Seek Relief in Del. Despite a NY Forum Selection Clause," co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, April 2020.
“15th Annual Review of Key Delaware Corporate and Commercial Decisions,” co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, January 2020.
- “Why Signature Alone Is Not Always Sufficient Evidence of Assent for Binding Contract,” co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, January 2020.
- “Chancery Affirms Advancement Principles,” co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, October 2019.
- “Chancery Decision Recites Basic Advancement Rules,” co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, July 2019.
- “Recent Decision Clarifies Safe Harbors in DGCL Section 144 for Board Action,” co-authored, Delaware Business Court Insider, March 2019.
- “Highlights of Key Decisions From Delaware’s Supreme Court and Court of Chancery,” Delaware Business Court Insider, January 2019.
State Bar Admissions
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
American University Washington College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
Bachelor of Arts, with honors, 2014