Workers Compensation Associate - Cleveland
November 17, 2021
The Cleveland office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith is seeking a talented and highly motivated associate attorney to join the Worker’s Compensation Practice team. Qualified candidates will have experience handling civil litigation matters, and specifically the defense of worker’s compensation claims.
Our goal is to provide excellent advice and service to our clients, which is especially important when dealing with high-stake claims. We're looking for people who approach problem solving proactively and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers. An ideal candidate must be motivated, reliable, and able to work within a professional firm environment. This opening is ideal for an attorney, ready to take their career to the next level with a highly reputable and national based firm. This opportunity will task the chosen candidate with the management of their own caseload alongside the supervision of a partner.
· Exceptional research and strong legal writing abilities
· Sharp attention to detail
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Professional demeanor
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Capability to follow detailed instructions
· Candidates should have experience analyzing, researching and drafting briefs, addressing sophisticated legal issues on complex litigation, ranging from motions to dismiss, summary judgment and pre-trial motions. Experience with trials, taking and defending depositions, briefing and arguing dispositive and discovery motions, interfacing with clients and opposing counsel, and attendance of hearings are preferred. Must be able to work well in a team environment, hold exceptional interpersonal communication skills, and have a strong desire to develop and advance their legal career. District Court, and/or law school law review experience is preferred.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We are heavily focused on career development, along with, providing employees with a healthy work-life balance.
Lewis Brisbois offers a competitive market-based compensation package based on experience, an aggressive bonus program, dental, medical and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401k.
Please send resume, writing sample, and professional references to: CLERecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search