Research & Writing Attorney – Los Angeles
June 05, 2019
LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH LLP seeks an attorney with substantial legal research and writing experience to join the Real Estate and Public Agency Law practice groups in its Los Angeles Office. If you relish complex, detail-intensive legal research assignments focused on public-policy laden matters with the potential to impact life in Southern California today and into the future, and have the skills to turn your research into cogent, analytically-driven written work, we may have a place for you on our team.
We are looking for a smart, dedicated self-starter with eight to ten years experience in persuasive and expository legal writing. Real estate and public agency experience is a plus, but if you remain curious about areas of law new to you and are willing to dig into the arcane fine points of land use, infrastructure, clean water, CEQA, and real property law, we’d be interested in hearing from you.
- Demonstrable legal research skills using multiple tools
- Creative approach to legal research
- Insightful analytical skills
- Demonstrable persuasive and expository writing expertise
- Ability to speak to different audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills, including time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Dedication to excellent client service
- Admission to the California Bar
Graduation from accredited post-secondary institution and law school is a must, as are strong academic credentials.
- Familiarity with public agencies and their rules and regulations
- Experience with administrative law in California and at the federal level
- Working knowledge of CEQA process
- Knowledge of land use planning, zoning, and regulation
- Basic environmental knowledge, including engineering and science fundamentals
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Responsive to internal and external clients
- Familiarity with construction processes and methods
- Ability to think creatively
Please submit resume, professional references, and writing samples of different types of legal work product to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search