Records Specialist - Seattle
February 22, 2021
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, a national law firm, is currently seeking a Records Specialist to join its growing Seattle Office. Ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and computer proficiency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The Records and Information Management Specialist is responsible for maintaining client records for both on-site and off-site storage for a multi-national law firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, update and manage records and electronic files as necessary.
- Handle confidential client and protected health information.
- Answer questions regarding records and files.
- Generate and print file identification labels.
- Index materials for filing and enter information into Records database.
- Eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials by destroying or transferring them to inactive storage according to the file maintenance guidelines and/or firm’s legal requirements.
- Enter document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved.
- Locate and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Perform periodic inspections of files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper condition.
- Place files into storage receptacles such as file cabinets, boxes, bins or drawers according to identification information.
- Track materials removed from files to ensure that borrowed files are returned.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees.
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery with off-site storage vendor.
- Perform other general administrative duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, able to prioritize and manage a high volume of filing and electronic data handling.
- Prior experience in a law firm, corporate legal department, or professional office setting is a plus.
- Working knowledge of legal documents is a plus.
- Must have good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions, comfortable asking questions when needed, flexible, and a quick learner.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift legal size boxes of 20 - 30 pounds.
Please send resume to SEAHR@lewisbrisbois.com and include Records Specialist in the subject line.Back to Career Search