Records Clerk - Sacramento
February 22, 2021
Lewis Brisbois, nationally renowned law firm, is seeking a records clerk for their Sacramento office. This is a good opportunity for someone who wants a career in a law firm or is thinking of attending law school.
Candidates should have some college and at least a year’s experience in a professional office doing clerical work. This position calls for someone who follows instructions carefully, who is hard working, proficient in the Windows environment and learns new software quickly. Records Clerks are required to multitask, download and profile documents to electronic files. Our records clerks are an integral part in file organization, maintenance, storage, and security. They are responsible for daily operational tasks such as, but not limited to, the creation, labeling, tracking, storage, and cleansing of both electronic and paper files in accordance with Firm policies, procedures, and workflows. These tasks involve data entry, scanning, electronic data transfers, hard copy filing, and communicating with Firm personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming electronic and hard-copy records into Firm-approved storage.
- Prepare and scan hard-copy documents into electronic format.
- Assist with tracking custody of official files and their contents, whether in electronic or paper format.
- Respond to requests to locate, retrieve, return, or update items.
- Review electronic and hard copy files for accuracy and proper organization.
- Assist with transfer, closing, retention and cleansing of files in accordance with Firm procedures.
- Comply with Firm policy, procedures, and workflows related to information storage and governance, and assist with communicating these standards to Firm personnel.
- Provide high-quality customer service.
- Provide input to management about workload and workflows.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance in the office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position is full time with competitive salary and benefits. Please send resume with cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Career Search