Records and Information Management Specialist – San Bernardino
April 05, 2021
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The Records and Information Management Specialist is responsible for daily operational tasks related to file organization, maintenance, storage, and security. These include, but are not limited to, the creation, labeling, tracking, storage, and cleansing of both electronic and paper files in accordance with Firm policies, procedures, and workflows. These tasks involve data entry, scanning, electronic data transfers, hard copy filing, and communicating with Firm personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming electronic and hard-copy records into Firm-approved storage.
- Prepare and scan hard-copy documents into electronic format.
- Assist with tracking custody of official files and their contents, whether in electronic or paper format.
- Respond to requests to locate, retrieve, return, or update items.
- Review electronic and hard copy files for accuracy and proper organization.
- Assist with transfer, closing, retention and cleansing of files in accordance with Firm procedures.
- Comply with Firm policy, procedures, and workflows related to information storage and governance, and assist with communicating these standards to Firm personnel.
- Provide high-quality customer service.
- Provide input to management about workload and workflows.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance in the office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Outlook email) and familiarity with office equipment such as scanners and printers.
- Attention to detail and ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly in professional setting.
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment to discern priorities and to identify how to escalate concerns.
- Physical capacity to push, pull, or move carts and lift boxes up to 20 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities, if required, in accordance with applicable laws and Firm policy.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with data entry, record management, and/or legal documents.
- Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with PDF creation, combination, and separation and Document Management Systems (e.g., iManage or NetDocuments).
Please send resumes to: email@example.com.Back to Career Search