Receptionist - San Diego
September 09, 2019
The San Diego office of LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH LLP seeks a full-time Receptionist, preferably with experience in a law firm or similar corporate environment.
The Receptionist performs all functions related to receiving calls, clients, vendors and deliveries and directs them to appropriate individuals within the firm according to established policies and procedures. The receptionist also maintains contact with attorneys, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receives and records information from telephone callers or in person, and communicates the information to attorneys and staff. Operates a multi-line telephone console in order to relay incoming and outgoing calls.
- Meets and greets clients and visitors, and ensures proper clearance and routing of such parties in accordance with firm policies; notifies supervisor of difficult situations; communicates with building security.
- Receives and records deliveries to the firm and/or individuals in the firm and routes them accordingly to the proper recipient.
- Maintain conference room schedule.
- Assist secretarial staff with creating shell documents and other tasks/projects as assigned.
- Reliable, consistent attendance in the office is required.
- Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work the hours of 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in addition to occasional overtime hours as necessary.
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school in order to process informational messages.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by telephone and in person with visitors, attorneys and staff to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when answering a high volume of telephone calls and performing essential duties.
- Ability to lift small delivery packages, operate telephone equipment and record messages.
- Ability to work with various computer programs to complete required tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in a similar position. Experience in a legal environment is preferred.
Please send resume to SDRecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search