Receptionist – Denver
July 20, 2021
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith’s Denver office is seeking a full-time Receptionist. This position reports to the Office Administrator.
Attends telephone switchboard; promptly answers and routes calls; takes messages politely, accurately and efficiently; greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person; handles incoming and outgoing deliveries and shipments from messengers and other vendors; log and monitor delivery and distribution of pouch from LA office; calendar and coordinate use of all conference rooms for all offices, meetings, depositions, seminars, interviews; order all in-house lunches as needed for meetings, depositions, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed are considered daily functions associated with this position.
- Answer multi-line telephone system, directing calls to the appropriate recipient or taking message as necessary.
- Handle general telephone inquiries, such as giving directions to the office or determining which attorney is working on a file.
- Locate employee in office for urgent telephone call.
- Forward voice mail messages from the previous night to the appropriate person.
- Maintain Outlook Calendar for scheduling conference rooms.
- Confirm with secretary prior to day of meeting conference room is still needed.
- Coordinate lunches for meetings, depositions, etc.
GENERAL OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes all guests and notifies attorneys and/or staff of their arrival.
- Notifies building security of all visitors and grants them access to the suite.
- Maintains neatness of lobby and reception area.
- Monitor DEN Fax Inbox and process all incoming and outgoing faxes appropriately.
- Log and accept all packages and messenger items.
- Process all incoming and outgoing U.S. Mail and overnight packages.
- Prepare and monitor log for in-coming and out-going items via the pouch.
- Order and arrange pick up or delivery of food for any office functions and birthday celebrations. Attend to setup for office functions.
- Reliable, consistent attendance in the office is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and do not represent that all such duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. The list of duties is not exhaustive in that incumbents may be assigned other duties in addition to those shown. All employees of the firm are expected to:
- Promote positive work habits, including effective and timely communication, team work and respect for co-workers;
- Provide constructive guidelines to other employees and representatives of third parties who do business with the firm;
- Comply with safe work practices, including the use of safe work procedures, maintenance of a safe working area and the use of safety equipment;
- Contribute to provide the highest quality products and services to clients;
- Understand and appropriately apply the firm’s practices and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
An individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or carrying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to consult with others
- Proactive approach and the ability to work “hands-on” as required
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook and comfortable with a variety of computer software programs
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information and to keep it confidential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of prior receptionist experience required and experience as a law firm receptionist preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range – $30,000 to $40,000
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and 401k.
LEWIS BRISBOIS’S EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
- Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
LEWIS BRISBOIS’S DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MISSION STATEMENT:
- Lewis Brisbois’ diversity and inclusion mission is: (i) to strengthen Lewis Brisbois by encouraging the hiring, support, mentoring, promotion, and retention of diverse attorneys and staff based on merit, potential, and effort; (ii) to help the firm better highlight our diversity, thereby leveraging this unique asset in business development, and (iii) to help all lawyers within the firm address disparities in diverse and non-diverse hiring (including lateral hiring), support, and retention. Lewis Brisbois believes that an individual's distinctive circumstance is informed and affected by, among other things, his/her/their gender, race, orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, age, physical abilities, and other factors. To accomplish the goals stated above, Lewis Brisbois will proactively consider diversity in assessing and supporting each employee in the firm and take active steps to promote diversity in our communities.
Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to: DENRecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search