Real Estate Transactional Attorney – Los Angeles
December 02, 2019
LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH LLP seeks four – eight year real estate transactional attorney to join the Real Estate and Public Agency Law practice groups in its Los Angeles Office. If you have a successful track record negotiating real estate transactions for private and municipal clients, including purchase and sale agreements, leases, easements, access agreements, options, real estate financing, have a history of positive client service, and are willing to aggressively prosecute your clients’ interests without being disagreeable, we may have a place for you on our team.
We are looking for a smart, dedicated self-starter as comfortable with delivering good news as bad. You should be familiar with and have experience in real estate transactions, title searches, title insurance, land use, and entitlements. You need to know how to read a survey and how to understand a metes and bounds real property description. You need to be as comfortable negotiating AIR CRE form contracts as you are drafting and negotiating manuscript deals. And you need to have experience representing public entities.
- Representation of public entities
- Understanding of real estate transactions
- Understanding of real estate finance and lien priorities
- Knowledge of recording priorities
- Demonstrable persuasive and legal argument skills
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills, including time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Dedication to excellent client service
- Admission to the California Bar
Graduation from accredited post-secondary institution and law school is a must, as are strong academic credentials.
- Working knowledge of CEQA process
- Familiarity with Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Basic environmental knowledge, including engineering and science fundamentals
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Responsive to internal and external clients
- Ability to think creatively
Please submit resume, professional references, and writing sample to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search